Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Coming out.



9/12/13
  I remember in high school when I first knew that I was gay. Through high school I had dated boys but I was just never really happy in those relationships. But even though I knew I was gay I was still afraid to tell my mom just because she had already been though so much like battling breast cancer and going through a divorce. But when I finally decided to tell her we were walking on the beach together and I just felt like it was the right time. I started to let the words come out of my mouth and realized that I couldn't take them back. But once I said it I immediately felt a huge wait lifted off of my shoulder even before my mom could give her response. But what she said next would make me appreciate her that much more. She told me " You are my child and I will love you unconditionally no matter what". But I wish some people could have had the same reaction that my mom did. The show that I was on called "ellen" would be canceled and vetoed by religious groups. When I came out in public I came out on the cover of time magazine and in an interview with Oprah. Through that time I had gained many fans and lost many fans. But shortly after that I was offered a comedy special that I would play myself and be able to be gay.

No comments:

Post a Comment