Tuesday, October 8, 2013

For me?


 9/8/13
  When I got my first invitation to the  Emmy Awards in 1997 I actually thought they sent it to the wrong address. I could hardly believe that I had made it to that point in my life. Then when I was told that I was a nomination for the outstanding actress for my performance on my show called "ellen" I think I just kinda died. But  wait it doesn't stop there I actually won the award. When I stood up to go receive the award all I was thinking to myself was "keep breathing please don't faint, don't look into the light". Then a couple years later when I was offered the job of hosting the Emmy Awards I just knew that it was an offer I could not pass up. I knew going in to it I just wanted to have fun with it and make people laugh like I usually did. I also was informed about the 9/11 attacks. This would make it harder for me to try and make a happy medium where I wasn't offending people but wasn't ignoring it as well. But I just wanted to make light out of the situation. I quickly made a line that I would say was genius "What would bug the Taliban more than seeing a gay woman in a suit surrounded by Jews?". That evening I had received several standing ovations and it was an honer to be asked to do a job like that

No comments:

Post a Comment