Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Unforgotten past


  9/1/13
 Growing up in my home town of Marietta Louisiana I was exposed to many inspiring people. But the person who really inspires me the most would be my mother. I was only thirteen when my mom and dad got a divorce. My brother and I didn't take it as hard as my mom did. I could always tell she was extremely unhappy. I would always try to make little spontaneous jokes just to get a laugh or a smile out of her. And to this day my mom tells me how much she appreciated that. She tells me how it helped her get through that difficult time in her life.                                                                                              I remember when my mom first married my stepfather. He had always seemed like a good guy to me and my brother but the real reason I think I I liked him was because he was making my mother happy. I can think back when I first started to feel uncomfortable about him. He would try to touch me in inappropriate places witch then escalated to other things. I away's say that it is important for all girls to know they can always say no. I also want girls to know that it is important for them to report what is happening right away.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment