Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tragedy to Triumph


  

9/5/13
   Kathy Perkoff was the first love of my life and I have never had been that happy in a relationship before. When she got into her accident witch then lead to her death I couldn't imagine life without her. I was depressed for months. When I could finally get on with my life I was inspired to write my first monologue. I titled it "A Phone Call to God". I first preformed it at Clydes. After preforming that piece things really started to go my way. It had won me the 1984 showtimes funniest person award. I always look back at that time and know that it was a gift from Kathy and she would always be looking down on me. Then after that I was offered to go in a national tour visiting other clubs and bars. That was such great experience for me just because it would get me in front of different audiences and I would get lots of feed back. Then in 1989 I was offered a job of a lifetime. I had been offered a role on a sitcom called "open house". I Loved being on the set and gaining all the great fans that I still have today.

No comments:

Post a Comment